Principales raisons de voyager au NICARAGUA et de faire du bénévolat avec INLEXCA
So you know you want to volunteer and you would like to do it in Central America- but are still thinking where…. Let me introduce you to Nicaragua! It is a beautiful country with wonderful people, and a dynamic culture.
If you decide to volunteer with INLEXCA you can work in an educational project, spread smiles among children in childcare projects or work alongside local doctors and nurses to treat different conditions and prevent others in areas with scarce resources.
Nicaragua is known for its beautiful volcanoes, the amazing nature and the great food. Let me tell you 5 reasons which will convince you to book your flight today!
- You can do volcano boarding! Cerro Negro is an active black volcano located just outside the town of Leon. It offers brave visitors the possibility to hike up and then slide down its steep and slippery slope. You definitely won´t forget this experience!
- Admire the beautiful colonial town Granada. Besides wandering around looking at the architecture and the colorful streets, you can take a kayaking trip to the nearby islets, enjoy hiking trips to Mombacho volcano, or visit the nearby markets in Masaya.
- Enjoy the amazing food! Typical Nicaraguan dishes include Gallo Pinto: most people in Nicaragua eat this almost daily and it is considered a national symbol. It’s composed of a mixture of fried rice with onion and sweet pepper, red beans boiled with garlic, which is combined and fried.
- Spot monkeys on a hike though the jungle on the Isla Ometepe. This beautiful island is located on Lago de Nicaragua and is formed by two joined volcanoes, Concepción and Maderas. Hiking, kayaking, cycling, and healthy food are the island’s main draws.
- Have an unforgettable adventure in a country far from the beaten touristic paths with highly affordable prizes.
- Visit the Somoto Canyon, one of the oldest rock formations in Central America. This canyon is 200 m deep and has beautiful epic rock formations. It can be explored with a guide or alone, but in either case, make sure to bring sandals with you, as the stones on the bottom of the river can be painful when hiking, swimming and scrambling.
- Visit the Corn Islands and snorkel, scuba dive, fish, soak up the sun, and relax with a good book.