Dental Internships in Guatemala
Embark on an incredible journey of travel, work, and experiential learning by joining our esteemed dental internship program. Our dentistry internships abroad offer a remarkable opportunity to collaborate with seasoned professionals, witness cutting-edge procedures, familiarize yourself with industry-standard practices and equipment, forge meaningful connections, and explore the wonders of a different country.
Applicants for our dental internships at INLEX must be enrolled in dentistry or pre-dentistry programs. The tasks and level of engagement in our program are tailored to match the interns’ knowledge and expertise. Basic proficiency in Spanish is also expected from interns to facilitate effective communication.
In the dentistry internship program in Guatemala, interns have the opportunity to work alongside experienced dental professionals and assist with a variety of procedures. As part of their role, interns are assigned to a skilled doctor who they support on a day-to-day basis.
The internship offers flexible working hours, with interns able to choose between morning and afternoon shifts. They are called upon as needed to provide specific assistance during various procedures. Interns are required to bring their own nitrile gloves, surgical masks, and wear appropriate clothing.
During their time in Guatemala, interns will be accommodated by a warm and welcoming host family. Each intern will have their own private room and will be provided with two meals per day.
While participating in this program, it is important for interns to have a basic understanding of Spanish. If you are not familiar with the language yet.
- Patient record keeping.
- Dental equipment care and preparation.
- Assistance or observation in procedures like dental check-ups, fillings, extractions, bridges, implants, root canals, sealants, crowns and caps, and more.
- Consumable material preparation.
- Availability: Year-long.
- Program Duration:4-24 weeks
- Location: Antigua and surrounding villages.
- Schedule: 8am-12 pm . Monday to Friday.
- Requirements: Studying or have completed a degree related to dentistry, basic Spanish(A2or willing to take lessons)