For volunteers who love working with their hands, the construction program in India is perfect while helping keep in good shape schools, community centers, hospitals, and other structures that are of benefit to the community.
Volunteers coming to this program must be somewhat physically fit as the project involves standing up most of the day and manual labor.
Volunteering schedule: Monday to Friday, 4- 8 hours per day.
Commitment: 2 weeks – 12 weeks.
–Assessing and planning new projects
-General maintenance tasks such as plumbing, simple electric installation.
-Painting walls, murals, and creating educational content in walls.
-Construction of community toilets in rural areas.
-Repair and maintenance of low-income housing.
-Construction of drainage and maintenance.
Arrival to the program are Saturdays
On arrival you are greeted by our friendly coordinators and taken to your accommodation. Next day you meet with all the volunteers and interns that came the previous days for orientation.
In orientation we cover topics like:
-Do’s and dont’s in the country
-How to get around and weekend travel
-Communication, SIM cards , and currency.
-Social meet ups with other participants.
English is the only requirement , however you can choose to take Hindi classes with us at an extra cost.
A basic fitness level, ability to work well in teams and work outdoors.
We encourage all of our participants in our programs to travel as much as they can during the weekends. Volunteers and interns usually travel together during the weekends. Our coordinators can assist you to make travels plans
During the weekdays volunteers and interns usually spend time together after their assignments.
1. Pick-up from Jaipur airport
2. Transfer to Jaipur volunteer house/host family
3. Traditional welcome (Garland, red dot on forehead etc.)
4. Orientation in Jaipur
5. Accommodation in Jaipur volunteer house/host family. Private or double occupancy in a host family. Shared accommodation
6. All meals in Jaipur (Indian authentic meals)
7. Volunteering project placement
8. Assistance when required at the project
9. Help in booking weekend trips and activities
10. Last night stay in Jaipur volunteering house with all meals
11. Drop at Jaipur airport at the end of the program
Minimum commitment:2 weeks
Location: Jaipur , India
Accommodation: Private room in a welcoming host family with two meals per day or shared dorms in a volunteer hostel with access to a kitchen and meals.
Available: Year long
1- Pick a program and destination.
2- Apply for free.
3- Get step by step guidance from the INLEX team